Management offsite workshops can be an incredibly productive, game-changing experience for companies on the growth path. Equally, they can be a frustrating experience that lacks to make any true impact on what actually takes place back at work. Engage the right facilitator who can help guide the management team and assist in bringing to life your planned actions.
Why do you need it?
It's important for every business to take time out of their schedule to discuss and plan critical matters that the business is facing strategically and operationally. By conducting a management workshop offsite, it provides an environment free from day-to-day distractions and enables the team to get on the same page on important topics. Engaging the right facilitator means that the business owner/leader can participate along with the rest of the team, without the need to concentrate on running the session at the same time.
Who is it for?
This service is for small-medium business owners who have a management team and want to conduct an offsite facilitated one or two day workshop. You may be looking at planning for the next year or two, wanting to discuss your culture and values, conduct training on particular skills or maybe tackle some strategic or operational business problems together.
What do we offer?
- Development of an agenda and objectives
- Introduction of relevant frameworks, models and skills/knowledge
- Facilitation of the one or two day workshop
- Documentation of decisions and actions
- Follow up meetings to help integrate actions into the workplace
Our approach is very much centred around achieving clear outcomes and to progress any actions into the workplace to achieve a step-change.
What are some topics that require offsite planning or workshops?
It's important to be clear on what you are wanting to achieve with your offsite workshop and what is realistic. Given you are occupying some of the most important (and expensive) people within your business for a day or two, your session needs to maximise the value of time. Below are some topics that could be worthwhile to explore:
- Planning your business strategy - this is likely to require a fair amount of work before and after but is definitely a worthwhile topic
- Conduct leadership or management training - working as a group on key skills can help you ingrain them better in the workplace, as you are all speaking a common language
- Planning your initiatives - you may have a clear business strategy but not have a roadmap to execution
- Discussing and agreeing on the company values - it's important that they are genuine, engaging and avoid cliches
- Completing organisational design activities - discussing and working through how the business should best be designed from a structure, position, process, systems and decision-making approach can be a very valuable exercise.
Achieve better focus through Management Offsite Workshops
Planning and engaging the management team on important topics can be a very worthwhile exercise. It's best to work with a facilitator who brings both a broad range of experiences, as well as targeted knowledge on the topic at hand. Most important of all is the ability and willingness to bring the team along for the journey.
Beyond HR provides management offsite workshops across Australia for SME’s who want to build a high performing team. We provide essential knowledge for your business across major Australian cities including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth. Whatever your business goals, we will work with you to find a solution that will help your small or medium business grow from success to success.
Contact Beyond HR today for customised management offsite workshops from highly recommended facilitators.
Serious about building capability? Find out how our unique approach will help you achieve next level growth in your business